COLLECTION & DELIVERY
1. Unless alternative arrangements have been made with, and accepted by, Best Branding, the Client is to collect the order or accept delivery within 5 (five) calendar days from the Client being advised as such. Orders not collected or delivered within 14 (fourteen) calendar days will be charged storage fees or sold to offset Best Branding’s costs.
2. Orders above the value of R5000.00 (Five Thousand Rands) ex. VAT being delivered to a single destination point in either Cape Town, Johannesburg, Durban or Pretoria on a 3 (three) to 5 (five) day delivery, qualify for Best Branding’s free delivery option. This is subject to certain package size and weight restrictions, please confirm with your Account Manager. As a result, some bulky items do not qualify for free delivery (for example, boxes, hand sanitiser, bottled water, drinkware, etc.). Free Delivery excludes freight insurance which remains the Client’s responsibility.
3. For orders that do not qualify for free delivery, Best Branding will quote the Client using an external courier service to effect delivery, and once accepted and paid by the Client, Best Branding will arrange for goods or orders to be delivered to the Client’s address.
4. Should the Client require freight insurance, the Client is to request same from Best Branding in writing and Best Branding is to accept same. The Client will be liable for the payment of such insurance costs before despatch of the goods/order/s by Best Branding.
5. The delivery address needs to be easily accessible for the carrier and drop off shall be to the front entrance of the address provided, unless otherwise agreed.
6. Delivery times quoted are estimated times only. Best Branding accepts no responsibility whatsoever for any loss or damages caused by late delivery or non-delivery, howsoever caused or arising and the Client specifically indemnifies Best Branding as such.
7. The risk in the goods shall pass to the Client upon the goods being loaded for delivery to the Client’s chosen premises/specified destination.
8. The Client is expected, in all cases, to take such measures as may be reasonable for the purpose of averting or minimising loss or damages and to ensure that all rights against carriers, bailees or other third parties are properly preserved and exercised. The carrier shall be deemed to be an agent of the Client, irrespective of which party issued the instructions to or paid the carrier.
9. If goods have to be re-delivered due to refusal to accept delivery or being undeliverable or unclaimed due to incorrect address details provided by the Client or for any other reason due to the Client’s action/omission, the Client will be invoiced for any additional delivery costs.
10. The Client must report, by recorded delivery, to the carrier any reservations the Client may have concerning the state of the goods or their packaging, within 24 (twenty-four) hours of the delivery time. A copy of these reservations, including a picture (if possible), must be sent to Best Branding within the same time frame. In the absence of notice accordingly, the Client shall be deemed to have received and have accepted the goods in good order and condition as dispatched, delivered and invoiced by Best Branding.
11. The Client is expected to inspect the goods on delivery and to verify specifications and quantity. Goods may not be returned, and deliveries may not be refused except by prior arrangement with Best Branding. If any goods sold to the Client do not accord with specifications, the Client shall notify Best Branding in writing immediately upon the defect becoming known to the Client and, provided the Client does so within 24 (twenty-four) hours from the time of delivery of the defective goods to the Client. Best Branding may, at its discretion, replace any goods which were sold by Best Branding directly to the Client and which goods are not in accordance with Best Branding’s specifications.
12. Notwithstanding delivery and the passing of risk, ownership of the goods remains vested in Best Branding until such time as the Client shall have effected full payment, including any related costs, in accordance with the invoice. “Payment” signifies the receipt of the amount due in terms of invoice/statement in the bank account of Best Branding. Until such time as the Client shall have paid the invoice in full for such goods, the Client shall not, otherwise than in the ordinary course of business, sell, pledge or otherwise encumber the goods concerned and shall not remove such goods from the business premises of the Client without prior written consent from Best Branding. If third parties attempt to assert or substantiate rights over the goods, the Client is obliged to inform Best Branding any such action immediately, and Best Branding shall be entitled to take whatever action it may deem fit to protect its rights, including cancellation of the sale and repossession of the goods. In the event of any such cancellation of sale, the Client undertakes to look after and keep the goods safe until repossessed by Best Branding, and, upon request from Best Branding, the Client undertakes to hand over and return the goods to Best Branding
13. Unless the Client’s order specifically states a date on or before which delivery is required and such date or any other delivery date is accepted by Best Branding in writing, orders will be accepted for delivery as and when goods can be made available by Best Branding and Best Branding is entitled to execute orders piecemeal or in part deliveries. Notwithstanding the a foregoing and any contrary provision which may be contained in the Best Branding terms and conditions, the time of delivery shall not be of the essence of the contract and the Client shall not be entitled to cancel any agreement of sale should Best Branding fail to deliver the goods on the agreed date.